Thursday 7 March 2013

trust without borders - part 1

Sometimes I struggle with trust.

The world we live in makes it hard for us to trust. People make it hard for us to trust. But we forget that God is not like people. He is not like the world.

Trusting Him should be easy. It is something that I aspire to - trusting God completely.

I always listen to the words of songs. To my husband's frustration. He says that I spoil the songs for him by pointing out words that don't make sense. But it is actually the words that spoil the song. To me it is not just about a beautiful melody or a catchy tune. It has to mean something.

The lyrics of this beautiful song by Hillsong United touch my spirit. It resonates with my heart.

This is what I long for in my life right now. Trust without borders. For my faith to be made stronger in the presence of my Saviour.

Oceans (where my feet may fail) - Hillsong United

You call me out upon the waters. The great unknown where feet may fail and there I find You in the mystery. In oceans deep my faith will stand.

I will call upon Your Name and keep my eyes above the waves. When oceans rise my soul will rest in Your embrace. For I am Yours and You are mine.

Your grace abounds in deepest waters. Your sovereign hand will be my guide. Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me. You've never failed and You won't start now.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters wherever You would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger. In the presence of my Saviour.

I will call upon your name. Keep my eyes above the waves. My soul will rest in your embrace. I am Yours and You are mine.


What a beautiful inspiring song!