Wednesday 6 March 2013

rock bottom

I have been there. Many times.

I have been there in my relationships. I have been there in my career, my business, my finances. I have been there in my relationship with God.

I know what it is to feel betrayed. Lonely. Unloved. I know what it is to feel like a failure. Inadequate. Unsuccessful. What it is to feel like I am not good enough. Broken. Unworthy.

I have been there. Again. Recently.

But this time was different. 


This time I realized that I needed to be there. So that God can break through to me. So that He can clear the fog that is clouding my vision. So that He can meet me there. And lift me up.

Sometimes we need to reach rock bottom. 

When we don't have anywhere else to turn, we have to turn to Him. Or risk loosing our faith too.

He wants us to depend on Him through difficult times. To expect His miracles. Sudden incomprehensible positive change. To wait on Him. To hope in Him.

It builds our character. It grows our faith. So that we can give Him the glory. So that we can encourage others. So that we can testify to His greatness in our lives. Every day.

He wants us to build on the Rock.

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” Matthew 7:24-27 NIV 

Luke 6:48 says: When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 

With its foundation on the rock.

One thing is certain. We will get storms and floods and winds in life. Things will not always be easy. 

Sometimes life is hard. Uncertain. Unfair. 

But when we build on the Rock, difficult times cannot shake us.