Wednesday 20 March 2013

trust without borders - part 2

Ironically I recently talked about coincidence (or, maybe rather the opposite of it). Something God wants to highlight for you. To focus your attention. And make you take note.

Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:8-9 NLT

These are the verses that my attention has recently been drawn to. Continuously. From various sources.

And it has somehow drawn me back to a song that has also recently given me pause - from a post I did, called trust without bordersMy focus was on trust and faith. Which is - still - absolutely true. I still, most definitely, want to have trust without borders and for my faith to be made stronger.

But the song goes so much deeper than that.




It is called Oceans (where feet may fail). And what it really highlights is that sometimes God calls us out upon the waters. As humans we are not capable of walking on water. So what we need is faith, or we (our feet) will fail.

You call me out upon the waters. The great unknown where feet may fail and there I find You in the mystery. In oceans deep my faith will stand.

Something that may seem impossible to us, is not. Because God is with us wherever we go. We should not be so quick to be afraid or discouraged.

It is a test of our faith.

“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt? Matthew 14:28-31 NIV

More often than not it is hard for me to take that leap of faith. To live by faith and not by sight. To let go. And step out upon the waters.

But God says that He is with us. He will not fail, nor abandon us. And no one will be able to stand against us. All we have to do is to follow His instructions. Continually study the Word and meditate on it, so that you will obey it. So that you will walk in it. Never turning away from it. Then, we will be successful in everything we do! (Joshua 1:1-9)

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT

What an awesome promise!

Your grace abounds in deepest waters. Your sovereign hand will be my guide. Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me. You've never failed and You won't start now.

Joshua 2:11 says that the Lord your God is the supreme God of the heavens above and the earth below. Surely whatever we are afraid of, is like a spec of dust to the Creator of heaven and earth?

There is no one like our God! The eternal God is your refuge and His everlasting arms are under you. He is my protecting shield and my triumphant sword. (Deuteronomy 33:26-27, 29)

So keep your eyes above the waves. On Him. When oceans rise, let your soul rest in His embrace. 

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters wherever You would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger. In the presence of my Saviour.

Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you, wherever you go.


A Royal Daughter