Wednesday 13 March 2013

Your grace is enough

Truth be told, I didn't really think about the name of this blog for very long. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision. And it seemed right.

Grace...

This word has already come up so many times this year. It seems to be my word for where I am in my life right now. I have read it online, in books and in the Bible. I have heard it in so many places. I have seen it and experienced it.

I need it. Lots of it!

And I am expecting it. God's grace.




I have been reading The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer. It has a chapter called Living with Grace, in which she notes that grace is defined as favour or kindness expressed to the undeserving.

She quotes John 1:17 - For the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. Instead of the enormously overwhelming law of Moses, Christ has met the demands and given us a relationship with God.

All we have to do is believe. And accept His grace.

John 1:16 NLT - From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another. 

Blessings that we don't deserve. But should be exceedingly thankful for.

Priscilla says that we have a responsibility towards those around us to extend grace from the overflow of the grace given to us. To show patience, acceptance, kindness and understanding. To show mercy and compassion. To accept them for who they are, just as they are.

Because that is the gift we have been given.

God saved you by His grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2: 8 - 10 NLT
  
The words of a song by Chris Tomlin has been playing a continuous loop in my mind for the past couple of days...

Your grace is enough.
Your grace is enough for me.